Monday, June 3, 2013

My first blog post!!!

Who Am I?
This is my first introduction to  the blogging world! I've been wanting to start a blog for a long time but due to nursing school consuming all of my time, I just couldn't do it. I guess I will start by telling you a little bit about myself. I am 28 years old and little in a small farming town in South Carolina. I married the love of my life last August. I just finished nursing school at a local college, have passed the NCLEX (nursing boards) and I am now officially Megan Rast, RN. My husband and I live on his families farm, which has been a big adjustment for this city girl! We are in the process of buying a house in the town where we live now (the towns not very big so it's only 3 miles from where we live now). I will be starting to work on the pediatric floor at a local hospital in two weeks! I am so excited about starting my first job as a registered nurse!

What do I hope to accomplish with this blog?
I LOVE. LOVE, LOVE diy projects!!! I could seriously spend days on pinterest finding projects to do.I don't understand why people pay $500 for a piece of furniture, when you can redo an old piece for $50. Although I love doing these projects, many of them do not work out. Through this blog I would like to show the projects I have done to either encourage other people to do them or show people the ways to not do them. As I stated earlier we are in the process of buying a house so I have a lot of diy projects planned.

Hope everyone will enjoy reading this blog. I will be doing a wedding post later today to show some of the diy projects from our wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment